Monday, February 3, 2014

Doce Pares


I already mentioned in my previous post here why we went and spent our weekend in Busay. After lunch, we went straight to Doce Pares Mountain Training Park. It's only more or less 10 minutes away from Lantaw Native Restaurant. If you're looking for an extreme and "Buwis Buhay" adventure then Doce Pares is the perfect place to spend a challenging day.  

The place Doce Pares is already an extreme word itself. Not everyone knows but Doce Pares is a form of Eskrima (term for the traditional martial arts in the Philippines). In other words, it is a Filipino martial art that focuses primarily on stick fighting but also covers other weapons and empty-hands. According to history, Datu Lapu-lapu used Eskrima to defeat the Spaniards, including the Portuguese conquistador, Fernidand Magellan at the Battle of Mactan during the 1520s. Wow!





The most tiring and the only challenge I've tried was the Wire Walking activity. It looks so easy but when I first stepped on the wire I already said to myself that I don't want to do it anymore haha! I was wearing flats and it felt like I was walking barefoot. I was having a hard time crossing and at the same time, can't help but laughed because of the mixed emotions I felt during the challenge (I'm not sure if I'll be happy because of excitement or if I'm gonna cry because I'm tired haha!) Kinda fulfilling though and everyone enjoyed it but made our hand and legs numb and tired after.  


Too bad, not everyone went to Julius' adventurous farewell party but few days before, I asked them to write a message to surprise him. I already posted all the messages two days before his last day at the office. I know the surprise made him happy. He even posted it on his Facebook page. I also want to post all the messages here but it's kinda long so I'll just share my message to him (which is also quite long haha!) Brace yourself. Here we go. Ehem*


The only constant in this world is change. But our friendship and love for you will never change.

Julius,

Oh my! I can't imagine that it's been 583 days or 1 year, 7 months, 3 days since our first day together at Jinisys. ( July 2,2012-Feb 5,2014. Thank you www.timeanddate.com for calculating the dates for me haha) Even longer than the days I've spent with Chok here in Cebu. Though we already knew, not just knew but we actually had the same group of friends during college. It never entered my mind that we're gonna be this close now. So close, you let me tease you as my permanent gayfriend haha! Which is a dream come true by the way. Thanks.
This is really a sad news for me knowing that you're leaving us. Because i don't want (we don't want) you to go (this early) but i have no choice but to be happy. Be happy for you because you're brave enough to take a chance and to take a leap of faith for a better future. Me, as your gayfriend too, I'm really very proud of you. It is not an easy thing to let go of something you're already used to, to find something unsure (esp. to let go of our free lunch haha hmmm). 
Before you go (Sa JSI lang ha haha! Basin imong mamisinterpret), 

I just want to say that:

You made me believe in myself and i have gained self confidence because of you. Everytime you're around you always asked me to do crazy things, even beyond the limit of being crazy. You're one of the few people that i'm not scared to show who i am, the real me. Even though you're a little bit nega sometimes :) With you, i can express what i want to express and have much fun as i want. And most espcially I want to thank you for teaching me how to let go of the bitterness of reality and how to laugh like there's no tomorrow. 

What i like about you is that you are Frank and Honest. You always tell the truth even though it already hurts haha! But i don't mind (well, maybe sometimes) but i know it's a good thing. That's what true friend does right!?. I really appreciate all your positive and negative comments. Like, "Nay girl, haggard ka now", "Tambuka na nimo girl uy!", "Gwapa ka ron girl", "Wow blooming", "Gorgeous". Without those comments then i woudn't have had the chance to take a look at myself. Thank you for being my mirror. (Insert music Mirror by JT* haha!)

You are SMART! and even though I'm not you're friend I will still say that Jinisys Software is really lucky to have someone like you. Just remember that we can't pleased everyone but no matter what, please stay strong and don't mind all the negativities around especially if you're going to have your future job someday. Always believe that we are always here for you. All of us believe that anywhere you go, any company you belong and work for, you're a great asset to them. Trust us. You are! If only i have your skills and abilities then i will show to you what you're capable of. Don't give up on your dreams and at the same time don't change. Always put your feet on the ground like what you're already doing now :)

I will surely miss you! 
Take care and always remember...
"When it's your time to shine don't wait in line" Ok?
Goodluck and Godbless in all of your plans and dreams! 
This is not the end. Of course! This is just the beginning of a greener and brighter future!
I Heart You! :*
P.S. Thanks for all the cool music that i already added up on my playlist haha!

-Rebecca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

RebexclusivePowered by Blogger