Friday, January 31, 2014

Lantaw

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

I'm one of those people who work hard almost everyday. Every time someone will ask me if what's my occupation, It's always difficult for me to answer them because normally a person will only use a single noun and say "Engineer",  "Teacher",  "Nurse". But for me, I have to answer it in a Maalaala Mo Kaya way haha! I work almost or sometimes seven days a week but i will tell you more about that in another blog post maybe. All I wanted to say, the best thing about having lots of job is you will meet lots of wonderful people and you will appreciate your free time more. So, If I have extra time I always make sure that I use that time to discover new things, places and of course spend it with my love ones.

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

When one of my closest friends during college and coworker (so glad we got accepted in the same company and even started at the same day, July 02, 2012) said he will already resign, all of us at work thought and planned a simple farewell party for him. It's really sad when someone is saying their goodbyes but as a friend, we have to stay happy. I'm happy for him. I'm actually very proud of him because it's not easy to let go of something you're already  used to and search for something unsure.

And speaking of happiness, I was really excited because all of us agreed that the farewell party will be in Busay. I love Busay! (which means "Falls" in English). It's one of my favorite places in Cebu because it's located in the hilltop side of the city so it means it's cold there and I love cold places. One of the activities was to have lunch at Lantaw Native Restaurant. Overexcited, me and Chok arrived there earlier than everyone else but I forgot to charge my phone which is also my only camera haha! But so glad we still managed to check the place and took some photos around. Well, except maybe during lunch time. I'm sure everyone will complain if they will see this blog post that they're not included even in a photo haha! I have to save my phone's battery so I just turned it off while concentrating on our yummy lunch. Burp!

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

Lantaw Busay Cebu City

Chok, who went along with us only knows few bisaya words so he then asked me what Lantaw means. According to my coworkers who helped me translate it to him said it means "View" but i think it's not totally the exact word that fits the word Lantaw. So according to google (my new bestfriend haha!)

lantaw [lan.taw.] :  foresee (v.); overlook (v.)

There are already three branches of Lantaw Native Restaurant in Cebu City. One in Cordova, A new branch in SRP (South Road Properties) and one in Busay. I've been in Lantaw Cordova before, it's really cool because it's actually a floating restaurant but I love Lantaw Busay more because aside from the beautiful view of the city, relaxing ambiance and delicious food, the place is near some tourist attractions like Doce Pares Mountain Training Park. Which was our next stop.  


To be continued...

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

It seems like I miss the fun in Lantaw as well as the food. hahaha. I wish I was there. :( But maybe there's another time. :)
Nice pictures girl!

Unknown said...

Don't fret Jo :) There's always next time and maybe we're gonna have Part 2 celebration for Julius tomorrow. Maybe.

Post a Comment

 

RebexclusivePowered by Blogger